Thursday, August 28, 2014

What would A Holy Woman do?

This quote has struck me and gotten my attention today:

I came to think and ponder Am I a Holy Woman? and How can I be a Holy woman.While i was thinking of these questions running through my mind . I came to a point to have read this article from the internet . It is entitled "Women of Righteousness" by Russel M. Ballard. He emphasize how we as women become Holy Woman of God.

We should have these qualities as a Woman:

"More than ever we need women of faith, virtue, vision, and charity who can hear and who will respond to the voice of the Lord."

A woman who has Faith, virtue, vision and charity and responding to the Lord's Call. I remember gotten home from mission all of these things are taught to us by our Savior. But must needs to be continued as I continue my journey as a returned missionary. 

The Saviors example is one of the Best I have ever heard and imagine: Here is a quote from elder Ballard's talk.

The Savior’s Example

I have been drawn to an interchange between God the Father and His eldest and Only Begotten Son, who is the ultimate example of living up to one’s premortal promises. When God asked who would come to earth to prepare a way for all mankind to be saved and strengthened and blessed, it was Jesus Christ who said, simply, “Here am I, send me” (Abr. 3:27).
Just as the Savior stepped forward to fulfill His divine responsibilities, we have the challenge and responsibility to do likewise. If you are wondering if you make a difference to the Lord, imagine the impact when you make commitments such as the following:
“Father, if You need a woman to rear children in righteousness, here am I, send me.”
“If You need a woman who will shun vulgarity and dress modestly and speak with dignity and show the world how joyous it is to keep the commandments, here am I, send me.”
“If You need a woman who can resist the alluring temptations of the world by keeping her eyes fixed on eternity, here am I, send me.”
“If You need a woman of faithful steadiness, here am I, send me.”
Between now and the day the Lord comes again, He needs women in every family, in every ward, in every community, in every nation who will step forward in righteousness and say by their words and their actions, “Here am I, send me.”
My question is, “Will you be one of those women? And will you men who hold the priesthood answer the same call?”
Now, I know most of you want to. But how will you do it? How, in a world filled with deceptive messages about women and the family—and the significance of both to the Lord—will you perpetually respond to the Lord, “Here am I, send me”?
For those who really want to live up to who you are, for those who at all costs want to repent if necessary and who want to see through Satan’s deceptions, I have two suggestions: First, listen to and follow those whom we sustain as prophets, seers, and revelators. Second, learn to hear the voice of the Spirit, or the voice of the Lord as communicated by the power of the Holy Ghost.
To conclude may we including myself be more diligent in striving to be a Holy Woman of God. May we always remember that we are daughter's of a King who is our Heavenly Father who loves us so much. May we be filled with desires as we become better people. Filtering in our minds the questions : What would a Holy Woman Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment